Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #2056
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
Effectively administer the review and assignment of field collection work orders. Provide support to collection functions and respond to external information requests. Support the customer satisfaction and escalated complaint goals of NJNG.
- Administration of the collections work order queue. Daily review of the collection work order queue and assignment of work orders to field collectors.
- Perform daily UCIS collection update processes and modify field collector work orders as necessary. Administrate departmental requests to disconnection service for special cause.
- Support Field Collector's work order inquiries, equipment issues, and account information needs.
- Respond to energy assistance program, social service and collection agency's requests for account information.
- Coordinate review and approval of monthly collection agency invoices.
- Support the customer satisfaction and escalated complaint goals of NJNG.
- Support NJNG response to BPU inquiries as required.
- Maintain daily collection performance data and other exception data as assigned.
- Daily administration of the dialer system used to contact designated customer accounts.
- Support the revenue cycle business needs as required. Complete special projects as assigned.
- Provide back-up support to the Supervisor of Collections as requested.
- Support and maintain all Pragma Cad updates.
- Associates or Bachelors Degree is preferred.
- Minimum 3-5 years industry related experience or combined equivalent in education and business administration experience is required.
- General knowledge of billing, accounts receivables and collections.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook software applications.
- Knowledge of JDE Customer Inquiry system desired. Knowledge of Pragma CAD system desired.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Ability to meet procedural deadlines, working both independently and within a team.
This is a long term, temporary position, anticipated to last between 18-24 months.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.