Web Support Specialist
Job Description Summary
The Web Support Specialist reports to the Director of Digital Marketing and works to support the web initiatives of the various academic and staff offices and centers at Bentley. The role provides Web best practices support to end-users across campus; supports site updates and maintenance; and coordinates, develops, and delivers training to Drupal end-users. This position has a strong support and training component and serves as a primary point of contact for community CMS users. This position is also responsible for managing a team of interns who support website changes for the Bentley community and QA testing of Drupal code enhancements.
Direct Client Support (30%)
- Act as the main point of contact for incoming CMS support requests and questions for clients, maintaining a high standard of excellence by effective communication, reporting, and handling of all client issues
- Own client issues from beginning-to-end resolution, ensuring that the client support processes are followed, and client expectations are managed
- Set up user access and permissions
- Assist clients with technical troubleshooting
- Work with project management team to manage web support schedule by prioritizing tickets in regular milestones
- Train and oversee student workers to assist in daily support tasks
- Onboarding Drupal Users
- Train clients on content management tools and processes
- Create training collateral, including video tutorials, for self-paced training and reference QA
Project Management (20%)
- Write tickets for web support, bug fixing, and feature development
- Serve as a project management resource on larger, more strategic projects. Gather requirements, communicate schedules, and lead meetings
- Participate in stand-ups and agile development methodology
Intern Management (20%)
- Support and guide interns in the completion of tickets supported for website help
- Train interns and provide ongoing guidance
Quality Assurance (15%)
- Provide testing for new updates, features, and bug fixes
- Coordinate interns in helping with testing and QA
- Must have a bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of relevant experience
- Knowledge of Web-based CMS systems, Drupal experience a plus
- Exposure to an agile development process
- The ability to create presentation materials and present to an audience
- Strategic thinking with the ability to be creative and think outside of the box
- Attention to detail with a keen sense for accuracy across internal client communications
- Devoted toconsistentlydelivering a high level of customer service.
- Highly organized & efficient
- Able to manage several ongoing projects at a single time
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Sense of urgency & good decision-making abilities
- Ability to work well in large and small groups
- Typical office setting with extensive sitting and computer work
- Ability to travel around campus for meetings and other work related events
Bentley University requires references checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.
Bentley University strives to create a campus community that welcomes the exchange of ideas, and fosters a culture that values differences and views them as a strength in our community.
Bentley University is an Equal Opportunity Employer, building strength through diversity. The University is committed to building a community of talented students, faculty and staff who reflect the diversity of global business. We strongly encourage applications from persons from underrepresented groups, individuals with disabilities, covered veterans and those with diverse experiences and backgrounds.