Transportation Analyst – Natural Gas Pipeline Scheduler
Transportation Analyst - Natural Gas Pipeline Scheduler
Houston, TX, USA • Wall Township, NJ, USA Req #2017
NJR Storage and Transportation, a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources (NJR) is seeking a Transportation Analyst-Natural Gas Pipeline Scheduler, to support the FERC regulated gas storage and pipeline owned and operated assets. The role is responsible for assisting shippers with day-to-day business needs as well as the timely confirmation and scheduling of gas nominations.
Additional responsibilities include updating and allocation of measurement volumes for gas balancing reports, monitoring of OBA and transportation imbalances and the coordination of imbalance make-up between third party interconnects, gas control and shippers.
• Ensure information on NJR Storage and Transportation Electronic Bulletin Board (EBB) is accurate and posted within the established processes and the NAESB guidelines.
• Participate in the daily morning meeting by supplying information detailing what is flowing on the assigned assets
• Ensure that pipeline EBB operational data is updated at each cycle
• Discuss and coordinate any constraints for current day, current month, upcoming month and up to full year with gas control
• Confirm all gas activity with interconnecting parties in a timely and accurate manner
• Schedule the pipeline at each cycle and coordinate gas flows with gas control
• Allocate volumes based on measurement data received from gas control
• Communicate and resolve any issues with shippers and third-party interconnects as needed
• Alternate weekly evening and weekend coverage duty
• Work with the gas accounting group to reconcile invoiced volume discrepancies and transport rate discrepancies as needed
• Work with management on special projects
• Maintain effective internal and external contacts; actively work on customer relations
• Work in the spirit of cooperation that fosters teamwork and a sense of responsibility
• Focus on continuous learning and process improvement
• Bachelors degree plus one to three years of experience scheduling for an interstate pipeline or natural gas storage company
• Analytical skills are essential
• Strong computer skills including excel and pipeline electronic bulletin board
• Must be willing to have a flexible schedule as needed
• After hours and weekend scheduling coverage required on a rotating basis
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
Position location: Wall, NJ or Houston, TX
Ability to work hybrid: 3 days onsite, 2 days remote as assigned
We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.