Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1901
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a System Administrator responsible for the effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of system hardware, servers and related infrastructure. Ensures that system hardware, operating systems, software, and related procedures adhere to organizational security policies and procedures.
• Helps maintain company Windows servers and VMware platform in critical business unit environments
• Maintains, creates, and deletes user accounts, Active Directory Group policies and manages Active Directory
• Verifies that systems are properly protected and monitors network usage to ensure security of data and access privileges
• Implements server and storage consolidation, migration, and archiving as necessary. Adds storage capacity as requests come in for expansion
• Responsible for critical infrastructure VMware deployment and appliances in business unit environment
• Follows security standards for patching servers, VMware, devices, appliances servers and systems
• Builds, tests, and maintains new virtual servers
• Performs root cause analysis of tickets raised and creates action plans to resolve problems
• Monitors and maintains virtual servers, Hyperflex and UCS hardware in critical business unit environments
• Implements security directives and procedures to prevent potential threats
• Responds to alerts, alarms, and escalations according to standard operating procedures
• Installs operating systems and updates them as required. Installs end-user software utilizing installation packages so that such software can be deployed remotely from a central server to many workstations at once
• Maintains server accessibility, integrity, and recoverability. Resolves performance problems and recovers from system outages
• Implements and manages MFA, RSA and Single Sign On as needed
• Helps manage and implement Security (SSL) Certificates.
• Performs other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree or related experience in information technology with a network engineering focus.
• Minimum of 5 years of IT experience as an IT Systems Administrator.
• Certified to work with VMware, Active Directory/LDAP, AADP, SSO and Windows Server Systems Administration.
• Professional certifications are a plus (VCP, MSCA, MSCE, and Microsoft Certified Azure administrator)
• Experience with Cohesity, Commvault, Bomgar, Solarwinds, Waterfall, Symantic and Cisco AnyConnect a plus.
• Ability to document and explain technical details clearly and concisely. Visio experience a plus
• Ability to multi-task, analyze and solve problems quickly with attention to detail.
• Experience working with vendors and consultants.
• Ability to quickly learn new or unfamiliar technologies and products via documentation and internet resources.
• Ability to work with all levels of staff in and outside of IT and the organization.
• Self-starter who can work independently, but is also comfortable working in a team environment
• Effective communication and interpersonal communication skills.
• Position requires working during non-traditional hours for 24/7 support when needed. Must be able to work in a 24-hour rotating On-Call capacity
• Valid Driver's license as travel will be required from time to time based on the needs of the business.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.