Supervisor Gas Control SCADA
Supervisor Gas Control SCADA
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #2097
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Supervisor Gas Control SCADA to manage and maintain Gas Control SCADA system, Telecommunications, and Remote Terminal Units (RTUs) to ensure safe and reliable monitoring and control of our transmission and distribution systems.
- Manage, maintain, and enhance SCADA system software and field RTU software
- Develop SCADA HMI displays, create system reports and maintain real-time and historical databases
- Program and implement the installation of all new and upgraded field RTUs and telecommunications
- Manage remote communications links (MPLS, cellular, radio and fiber optic) and field routers
- Oversee daily SCADA activities and troubleshoot when problems occur to ensure uninterrupted operations
- Work with IT and Cyber Security Teams to maintain a reliable and secure SCADA Network
- Coordinate system patching and testing with IT and Cyber Security Teams
- Ensure the business units compliance to developed controls, standards and policies
- Provide supervision to the Federally mandated Control Room Management (CRM) regulations for natural gas pipelines regulated under 49 CFR Part 192. Specifically sections pertaining to SCADA systems
- Provide TSA regulatory compliance and audit support
- Support IT and Cyber Teams with TSA initiatives at LNG facilities
- Plan and make technical assessments of proposed new installations and maintenance work on SCADA and communication systems as it may relate to or impact Gas Control
- Enhance training programs to keep key stakeholders current with new equipment, software, and control systems
- Set up field trips to other gas companies, suppliers, and related industries and user groups to develop a closer working relationship and exchange ideas with peers
- Availability during non-scheduled hours
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, or other related field, or the combined equivalent in education and experience
- Requires proficiency in software programming and database management and an understanding of serial, ethernet and wireless data transport protocols
- Knowledge of Emerson Open Enterprise SCADA systems and Emerson ROC and FloBoss RTUs a plus
- Knowledge of 49 CFR Part 192 and TSA Pipeline Security Directive preferred
- Have an understanding of instrumentation, pressure regulation and control systems; at least five years' experience in the gas industry
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.