Supervisor Customer Payments and Outsourced Services
Supervisor Customer Payments and Outsourced Services
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #2059
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources, is seeking a Supervisor Customer Payments and Outsourced Services to supervise customer service operations for various payment channels (i.e., lock box, telephone, website, consolidator banks, direct mail, auto debit and authorized walk-in payment locations). Serve in a daily business operations liaison role for contracted payment vendors and NJR Information Technology. Resolve any escalated customer payment inquiry and conduct excessive credit balance account reviews. Oversee miscellaneous cash receipts and/or mail payment processing services for NJR affiliates (i.e., CEV, NJRHS). Supervise daily customer refund check review and release. Administrate department business processes in support of outsourced print and mailing of customer bills and system-generated correspondence. (i.e., View 2 portal, vendor invoices, postage funds).
- In accordance with established procedures, goals, and objectives, oversee the timely and accurate processing of lock box exceptions, CEV customer mail payments, 3rd party payment vendor operations, auto debit payments, recording of wire payments, NJRHS deposits and miscellaneous fee payments to NJNG for bank deposit. Organize and direct staff to meet the daily workload. Coordinate with 3rd party payment vendors and/or Information Technology as required.
- Effectively investigate and resolve complex banking, processing, or customer payment issues across all payment channels. Respond to escalated customer payment issues. Collaborate with district office supervisors regarding walk-in customer payment discrepancies as required. Support payment related reconciliation issue inquiries from Accounting.
- Supervise daily customer refund check review and release. Conduct periodic UCIS account review for excessive customer overpayments.
- Oversee the outsourced print production and mailing of customer bills and correspondence. Administrate daily vendor performance, View 2 portal, annual purchase orders, monthly invoice allocation and vendor relationship needs for the outsourced production. Collaborate with Information Technology on any file delivery or print content issues. Collaborate with Corporate Communications on any envelope or insert issues affecting production.
- Administrate Customer Service's USPS needs for mail permits, mailer ID numbers and post office box fees. Ensure sufficient funds are maintained in USPS postage accounts. Monitor any vendor issues affecting compliance with USPS standards to maintain bulk mail postage discounts.
- Motivate and manage department and individual performance toward achievement of goals. Communicate performance expectations and area business goals for department employees, monitor actual performance and communicate individual and department results. Document both recognition for performance achieved and/or coaching/discipline where performance gaps exist.
- Assist in the preparation of an operational budget. Assure that area goals and objectives are met within their framework, as well as those of the NJAC and the Company's labor/management agreement.
- Provide coverage for other supervisory tasks within Customer Services when requested. Work with team members to develop ways of performing work better, faster, and more efficiently for continuous improvement.
- Ensure all required records are maintained and monthly reports are prepared in a timely and efficient manner. Comply with revenue related company policies and procedures and established internal controls.
- Adhere to all Company policies, procedures, and standards. Maintain effective leadership of staff. Set example through personal conduct, attitude, attendance, performance and maintain safe practices on the job.
- Bachelors degree in business management is helpful
- At least three years' experience in the supervisory field or the combined equivalent in education and experience is required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and UCIS
- Knowledge of US Postal Service bulk mailing requirements helpful
- ACH, credit card or related A/R payment processing knowledge preferred
This is a long term, temporary position, anticipated to last between 18-24 months.
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.