Supervisor Customer Inquiry
Supervisor Customer Inquiry
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #2093
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Natural Gas (NJNG), a subsidiary of New Jersey Resources is seeking a Supervisor Customer Inquiry to supervise the customer inquiry team to ensure prompt and effective handling of inquiries received through the customer contact center to maintain superior customer service and satisfaction. Identify and implement operational improvements and take ownership of key performance metrics. Design, develop, facilitate and deliver effective training for call center employees in a professional manner. Improve both individual and organizational performance while building on company goals and expectations.
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the customer contact office operations
- Motivate and manage department and individual performance to achieve goals; communicate performance expectations, and evaluate results
- Document both performance recognition and coaching/discipline where performance gaps exist
- Lead by example through personal conduct, attitude, attendance and performance
- Investigate and resolve complex customer account problems and ensure inquiries are handled promptly, effectively and uniformly, and all clerical support functions are completed accurately and on a timely basis
- Regularly evaluate progress against key performance metrics and develop action plans as needed
- Closely monitor performance of customer service representatives to ensure efficient, professional and courteous responses to all customer inquiries
- Ensure team's goals and objectives are met within their framework as well as that of the Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Ensure team adheres to company policies and required reports, records and orders are completed in a timely, accurate manner
- Provide individuals and department wide training as needed
- Identify methods for continuous performance improvements and efficiencies to meet customer satisfaction goals
- Understand and utilize systems necessary to supervise the operation including but not limited to UCIS, Call Management System, IVR, Virtual Hold, and Business Intelligence tools, provide backup for the Workload Analyst when required and ensure seamless production and critical analysis of metrics and reports
- Bachelor's degree in business management preferred
- Three to five years of experience in a supervisory field or the combined equivalent in education and experience required
- Excellent communication, organizational, coaching, motivational and interpersonal skills are required
- Results oriented and a clear focus on high quality work with the ability to deliver performance through influence
- Working knowledge of ACD phone systems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in MS Office products such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; ability to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Must be flexible based on business needs
- Must be dependable and self-motivated
- Must possess a professional appearance and a willingness to work flexible shifts, including extended hours and weekends when necessary to meet department needs
- Sales experience preferred
- Must be available for on-call rotating shifts 24/7/365
* The above job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.