Staff Accountant I
Staff Accountant I
Wall Township, NJ, USA Req #2033
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Staff Accountant I to manage the accounting and closing process for NJNG assets. Assist engineers in closing out projects, by analyzing and correct any variances between work orders, general ledger and Power Plant. Process overhead allocation spread and depreciation expense for NJNG.
Major Responsibilities / Essential Functions
• Prepare and maintain bank account reconciliations
• Timely management of the contractor alliance payments
• Reconcile and close out construction work orders to close to Utility Plant in Service
• Prepare monthly journal entries, account reconciliations, and analyses as required
• Prepare quarterly and annual information for inclusion in press release, 10-Q, 10-K, and BPU reports using accounting principles
• Maintain and oversee related Sarbanes-Oxley compliance documentation
• Manage and Maintain property related schedules for Rate Case
• Assist with fulfilling requests made by the company's internal and external auditors
• Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance; CPA preferred
• Minimum of 2-4 years of related accounting experience
• Strong organizational and communication skills
• Proficiency with MS Office; knowledge of Power Plant, Oracle Cloud, Blackline and JDEdwards software is a plus
*This job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
This position is a hybrid schedule (3 days onsite, 2 days remote)
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.