Sr. Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
Sr. Financial Analyst (Hybrid)
Wall Corporate Office, 1415 Wyckoff Rd, Wall, New Jersey, United States of America Req #1964
Energize your future and join our team as we pursue a reliable, sustainable, cleaner energy future. At our Fortune 1000 diversified energy company, you'll find a friendly, community-minded environment, with flexible work schedules, opportunities for growth and development, and competitive pay and benefits.
New Jersey Resources is seeking a Senior Financial Analyst will support the Corporate Development team in capital allocation analysis, including M&A and internal organic growth initiatives and general financial and economic analyses of various internal corporate initiatives.
• Design, build and utilize financial models based on diverse data sets, in order to facilitate strategic decision making and to evaluate how investments fit within the corporate risk and tax profile
• Perform financial analysis to understand the risk-return profile and viability of potential investment opportunities, including acquisitions and organic growth opportunities
• Work jointly with the NJR Business Development team to develop financial models and business cases
• Develop presentations that include financial information, risk, evaluation of commercial terms to be presented to the executive management team
• Collaborate with the Corporate Finance team to coordinate analysis with the Tax, Accounting, Financial Planning & Analysis and Treasury teams
• Update and maintain market data information and benchmarking
• Perform research and analysis for energy markets and fundamentals
• Compile and prepare technical, statistical and/or analytical data, reports and presentations as needed
• Develop, maintain and report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Assist on various projects as needed
• Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business administration, engineering or related field
• Minimum of three years of related experience
• Strong Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skill; Power BI experience a plus
• Exceptional quantitative skills and ability to build financial models, discounted cash flow analysis and perform a variety of financial and business analyses
• Ability to think logically, strategically and present complex data and ideas creatively and coherently
• Strong analytical, pattern detection, and problem-solving abilities
• Ability to compile and synthesize detailed information from various sources into actionable information
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and collaborate with multiple business units on a team-oriented approach
• Strong organizational, presentation and time management skills
• Must be a team player with a great passion to succeed; works effectively under pressure
• Ability to focus and deliver proactively in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
*This job description is reflective of the primary duties of this position and in no way limits the supervisor from assigning any other duties, responsibilities or initiatives as deemed necessary.
New Jersey Resources is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, disability, veteran, or other protected status.