SME-TECH/OPERATOR I Aviation Support Equipmentman (AS)”
The Subject Matter Expert (SME) -Technician/Operator I designs and develops training solutions or conducts technician or operator training for defined areas of military expertise in accordance with contractual specifications, standards, and instructions.
Essential Job Functions:
- Serve as a SME for the development and delivery of training solutions pertaining to technicians, maintainers, or operators of military platforms, systems, or weapons.
- Work with a team of training development professionals to analyze, design, develop, and deliver Computer-Based Training (CBT) products, virtual/augmented reality simulators, and training devices.
- May be tasked to use commercial off-the-shelf or company developed authoring tools to create CBT products, such as Interactive Courseware (ICW), or Instructor-Led Training (ILT) materials.
- May attend training conferences, In-Process Reviews (IPRs), and other required meetings.
- Must be aware of International Traffic in Arms Regulation (ITAR) restrictions on export of military hardware and training services.
- Responsible for the safe handling of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) and Government Furnished Information (GFI).
- May be required to work occasionally outside of normal hours due to travel or availability of training equipment.
- Works a standard weekly schedule of 40 hours with overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capable with networked computers (word processing, graphics, spread sheet, database, and desktop publishing applications), scanners, printers, copiers, E-mail and internet browsers, FAX machines and other required audio/visual equipment.
- Possess good verbal and written English communication skills for training development.
- Able to work in a team concept to accomplish common goals.
- Must interact with military and other government personnel using the appropriate dialect and affording the proper courtesies while observing the correct customs.
- Experience using Microsoft Office software tools.
- Possess interpersonal skills to accept assignments and communicate technical concepts in layman's terms.
- Ability to analyze and interpret instructions and standards.
- Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance, and pass background checks to obtain a base access pass to military installations and contractor facilities as required by the contract.
- If working in courseware development, must be familiar with the prescribed processes required for ILT, ICW and other CBT development.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Four (4) years of experience directly related to the area of expertise in the maintenance or operation of systems and subsystems for project assigned.
- Additional qualifications or experience as required by the Statement of Work.
- Successful completion of an approved Military Instructor Training Program desired but not required.
We are equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under state or local law.