Senior Project Manager – Construction, CF3E30002ADMAF
Reporting into Facilities Planning and Development, manages the process of design and construction projects from inception through project completion and occupancy. Determine project scope, develops preliminary plan and determines project specifics such as cost and time of construction, project impact, etc.
- Manage the design and construction process of assigned projects.
- Establish, manage and control project budgets and schedules.
- Manage A/E selection (and other consultants), project development, bidding, construction, and quality control issues.
- Provide project team leadership, technical expertise and customer service throughout various phases of assigned projects.
- Coordinate issuance of bids and RDQ's. Coordinate efforts with other facilities personnel and Purchasing Department personnel. Also coordinate permitting activities as required.
- Manage activities of A/E's and other consultants as required, review construction plans and specifications for conformance with COD standards and end user needs, and programmatic and functional requirements.
- Manage activities of contractors throughout construction phase, monitor construction progress, provide schedule, budget and quality control, protect COD's interests.
- Coordinate final occupancy and move-in activities, O&M training and turnover, and follow through with proper project closeout procedures.
- Provide regular communications, updates, and reports throughout the project phases as required.
- Properly document all project activities and work progress, and maintain project records per established departmental procedures.
- Works with architectural/engineering firms on material selections & designs, reviews design drawings, construction plans and specifications for conformance with COD Design & Engineering Criteria to ensure that COD Facilities' goals are communicated and met.
- Works with architectural/engineering firms on FF&E (furniture, fixtures & equipment) selections, reviews design drawings, construction plans and specifications for conformance with COD Interior Design Standards to ensure that COD Facilities' goals are communicated and met.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in managing design and construction projects. Extensive knowledge of general construction (new construction and renovation projects), knowledge of construction law, building codes and life safety codes, accessibility codes, and other related legal and safety requirements.
Bachelor's degree in architecture, engineering, or construction.
8 to 10 years experience preferred.
Licensed Architect (or licensed engineer).
Computer experience including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation and scheduling software (Microsoft Office Suite), working knowledge of CADD, and other software skills as required. Cell phone/radio usage as required.
After hours work as required.
This position requires a background check and drug screen.