Senior Data Analyst
Senior Data Analyst
South Barrington, IL Office
PRESENCE is a national, independently owned, natural products broker and service provider that was born from a desire to work in a progressive, vibrant and environmentally conscious industry while building communicative partnerships with other like-minded companies. We are passionate about taking better care of the planet and ourselves, we have high energy, strong standards, strategic vision and are committed to making natural and organic products the standard again. We love to learn, are on-trend and care about our teams and their well-being.
A little about this role:
The Senior Data Analyst is primarily responsible for the production, delivery, and insights of custom reports for internal and external business needs. They are also responsible for meeting and presenting these insights to C-Level Executives and maintaining the development of reporting infrastructures utilizing current data visualization and data access tools.
A day in the life:
- Report Design & Development - As the Senior Data Analyst, you are primarily responsible for building out reports and syndicated data reporting environments to meet the evolving needs of our business, clients, and customers. This involves creating custom reports using all applicable data sources (SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, PowerBI, and others) and collaborating on ad hoc needs. You'll also be responsible for the production and delivery of scheduled reporting. All reports should be structured, understandable and professional and provide insights to the end user.
- Presentations and Insights- You will be responsible for meeting with all levels in an organization, including C-Level Executives both internally and externally, to analyze, present and provide insights on many different data scenarios and strategies. You must be comfortable meeting and presenting to small and large audiences and fully understand data points to provide analytical insights.
- Provide Education - The Senior Data Analyst will answer questions on which reports to use to answer common business questions, help users navigate available reporting, outline rules/releasability of provided reporting as well as helping users understand structures of available data suppliers.
- Maintain Data Environments - Ensure reporting environments, schedules, distribution lists and templates remain current.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Projects and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice due to our business, industry, and/or market changes. Travel may be required for industry tradeshows, team meetings and/or company meetings and events.
What we are looking for:
- 5+ Years of Data Analysis Experience
- Regular and predictable attendance is required
- Advanced experience with SPINS, IRI, Nielsen, PowerBI
- Experience and confidence of meeting with and presenting to all levels in an organization including C-Level Executives
- Strong understanding of retail measurement data capabilities and measures
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and PowerBI as well as a working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- Base understanding of SQL (Structured Query Language) or aptitude to learn
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills, self-motivated
- Ability to work independently while being a strong team player
- Dependable, diplomatic person, able to problem-solve successfully with a wide variety of people and issues
- Flexibility to successfully multi-task in a fast-paced environment with a positive attitude
- Ability to manage time and deadlines
- Knowledge and interest of the natural products/brands and retail landscape is a plus
Salary: Full time position, salary commensurate with level of experience, location and current market landscape
Benefits: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/careers/ to learn more about our benefits
About Us: Visit https://www.pmidpi.com/our-culture/ to learn more about us