THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS NOT PROMOTIONAL OR OPEN COMPETITIVE
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
LAC+USC Medical Center
Perinatal/ Staffing Nursing Administration Office
2051 Marengo Street
Los Angeles, CA 90033
The Los Angeles County Department of Health Services (DHS) is the second largest health system in the nation, providing compassionate, quality care through its integrated system of hospitals and community-based clinics. DHS annually cares for about 600,000 unique patients, employs over 22,000 staff and has an annual operating budget of $4.3 billion. DHS leads the County's effort to provide health services to the residents of Los Angeles County, of which approximately two million are uninsured. DHS hospitals also conduct post-graduate medical education through university affiliations for interns, residents and fellows to train the physician workforce for tomorrow.
Our mission is to ensure access to high-quality, patient-centered, cost-effective health care to Los Angeles County residents through direct services at DHS facilities and through collaboration with community and university partners.
Essential Job Functions
• Maintains confidentiality of personnel records.
• Screens, prioritizes, routes, distributes and records correspondence as needed.
• Verifies data sources for accuracy when necessary under direct supervision.
• Coordinates meetings, schedules conference callsand prepares committee meeting minutes.
• Processes personnel documents according to predetermined and specialized proceduresfor such purposes of recording, updating and maintaining employees' profiles and demographics in the Nursing data base(s) and share folders in a timely manner.
• Prepares reports in relation to projects and special assignments under the direction of her/his supervisor.
• Collects and aggregate data and creates detailed graphs and detailed summary reports.
• Operates office machines such as personal computer, printers, telephones, fax machines, copy machines, etc., incidental to the performance of her/his duties.
• Creates flyers for hospital and miscellaneous events.
• Assists with completion and processing of Capital Assets Request forms.
• Supports Nursing Administration with monthly mandatory reports.
• Experience within a health care setting.
• Excellent customer service.
• Computer literate/Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of programs.
• Proficient typing skills
• Ability to work effectively and productively with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of sensitive information.
•Ability toadapt to various changes in work flow and procedures.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
The position is open to all permanent County of Los Angeles employees who have successfully completed their initial probationary period and currently hold the payroll title of Senior Clerk.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY.
Candidates interested in this Transfer Opportunity should attach thefollowing totheironline application:
1. Resume detailing relevant experience
2. Copies of last two (2) performance evaluations
3. Prime Variance time history report for the last two (2) years
All submitted documents will be evaluated. Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager for an interview.
If you are unable to attach the required documents online, you mayemail your information to:
DHS -People Division- Recruitment and Examinations
Phone: (323) 914-9110
Closing Date/Time: 4/3/2020 5:00 PM Pacific