DEPARTMENT OF AUDITOR-CONTROLLER
FILING PERIOD :
10/08/2019 - 11/29/2019 at 5:00 PM (PST)
Interdepartmental Transfer Opportunity - This is a transfer opportunity restricted to permanent employees of County of Los Angeles who have successfully completed their initial probationary period.
THIS IS NOT A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
POSITION DESCRIPTION :
The Department of Auditor-Controller is seeking a well-qualified and highly motivated individual to fill the position of Senior Clerk in the Shared Services Division, Payroll Section .The position will report to a Payroll Specialist and will be responsible for processing payroll for a County department.
VACANCY INFORMATION :
This vacancy is located in the Auditor-Controller Shared Services Division at 3470 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 812, Los Angeles, CA 90010.
Essential Job Functions
DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO :
- Responsible for processing a department's payroll using the County's eHR system;
- Performs payroll work necessary in resolving payroll problems to meet payroll deadlines;
- Applies provisions of the Los Angeles County Code, the Payroll Manual, the Interpretive Manual, and applicable Memoranda of Understanding (MOUs) in processing payroll; and
- Explains payroll policies and procedures to employees.
- Strong knowledge of County policies and procedures;
- Excellent customer service skills;
- Strong analytical and organization skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Able to work in a team environment; and
- Reliable and has a good attendance record
POSITION REQUIREMENTS :
Permanent employees of Los Angeles County who currentlyhold the payroll title of Senior Clerk .
All submissions will be evaluated; however, only the most qualified individuals who have submitted all required documents may be invited to compete for this position.
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS :
Submissions must be filed online only.Submissions by U.S. mail, fax, or in person will not be accepted.
Qualified candidates are invited to SUBMIT:
(1) a cover letter and resume detailing relevant experience,
(2) copies of the last two performance evaluations, and
(3) a time history report of the last two years.
Submit your information online by clicking on the " Apply " tab located at the topof this posting during the filing period.You must upload any supporting documents (i.e. cover letter, performance evaluation, time history report, degrees, transcripts, etc.) during thesubmission process.
(1) If you are unable to attach required documents , you may fax them to (213) 947-4848 or email them to ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov . Please include your name, position title, and division/departmenton all faxed and emailed documents.
(2) Correspondence may be sent via email. Please ensure that the email address you provide on your application is current and correct.
(3)Please update your spam filters to ensure that the email domain @auditor.lacounty.gov is added to your address book and/or list of approved senders to prevent email notifications from being filtered as spam/junk mail.
(a) Please note failure to receive emails due to spam filtering is the responsibility of the applicant.
(4) You can also track the status of your application using this web site.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER: All applications must enter a valid social security number at the time of filing. Entering anything other than a valid social security number (i.e. 000-00-0000, 111-11-1111, etc.) will result in an automatic rejection of your application.
COMPUTER AND INTERNET ACCESS AT PUBLIC LIBRARIES: For candidates who may not have regular access to a computer or the internet, applications can be completed on computers at public libraries throughout Los Angeles County.
NO SHARING OF USER ID AND PASSWORD: All applicants must file their application online using their own user ID and password. Using a family member's or friend's user ID and password may erase a candidate's original application record.
Department Contact Name: David Shen
Department Contact Phone: (213) 974-8512
Department Contact Email: ACRecruitment@auditor.lacounty.gov
Closing Date/Time: 11/29/2019 5:00 PM Pacific