Strom Engineering Minnesota has an exciting new opening for a Purchasing Manager with a great company located in the Twin Cities, MN area. The Purchasing Manager is responsible for overseeing and directing the activities of the purchasing department.
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Purchase raw materials and supplies used in manufacturing
* Maintain purchase history and continually investigate the best and most economic purchase.
* Handle contracting of outside services for molding, machining, etc.
* Track and report inventory turns.
* Handle contract negotiations with vendors and suppliers.
* Analyze existing purchasing processes for performance.
* Implement improvements to existing purchasing processes and delivery systems.
* Education: Associate degree in a related field preferred.
* 2+ years of manufacturing experience.
* 2+ years of purchasing experience in injections molding industry preferred.
* IQMS knowledge preferred.
* Working knowledge of negotiation techniques in the industry.
* Exceptional interpersonal and social skills to build good rapport.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Great team player.
* Ability to problem solve and work efficiently under pressure.
* Highly organized, utilizes time efficiently with ability to multi-task.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen or be authorized to work in the USA without sponsorship.
* Competitive Compensation.
* Paid Vacations and Holidays.
* Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
* 401K plan with company matching
* Health Insurance with HRA
* Dental/Eye Care Reimbursement
* Life and Short-Term Disability Insurance