PUBLIC HEALTH NURSING SUPERVISOR
LOS ANGELES COUNTY DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
TYPE OF RECRUITMENT
LATERAL TRANSFER (NON-COUNTY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY).
The Department of Public Health'sService Planning Area 4 (SPA 4)is seeking a well-qualified individual to fill the position ofPublic Health Nursing Supervisor (PHNS).
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title ofPublic Health Nursing Supervisorare invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, copies of their attendance record for the last 24 months, and any additional information the candidate wishes taken into consideration.
Interested candidates should submit documents via US mail or email to:
Jungae (Sue) Lee, PHN
313 N. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Phone: (323) 769-7809
All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview.
Essential Job Functions
- The District Public Health Nursing Supervisor (DPHNS) provides oversight and guidance to the DPHNs, who collects comprehensive data pertinent to the health status of the residents and analyzes the data to determine the population diagnoses and priorities.
- Participates in the overall administration of district nursing services which include hiring, program planning and implementation.
- Supervises nursing activities of PHNs in the health center and the field.
- Identifies expected outcomes and plan that reflects best practices by identifying strategies, actions, plans and alternatives to attain expected outcomes for the residents of SPA-4.
- Participates in required training and exercises.
Must currently be a permanent Los AngelesCountyemployee who has passed their initial probationary period andcurrently holds the payroll title ofPublic Health Nursing Supervisor.
- District Public Health Nurse Supervisory experience.
- At least 2 years of recent District Public Health Nurse experience.
- Demonstrated leadership skills in supervision, working with individuals and teams.
- A Master's level Public Health training from an accredited institution preferred (MSN or MPH).
- Strong written & verbal communication, organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Willing to work with the homeless population.
- Experience with Microsoft Office& Communicable Diseases Management e-Systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated and takes initiative with minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with an ability to perform multiple tasks and establish priorities.
Jungae "Sue" Lee
THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION.
The vacancy is located at:
Central Health Center
241 N. Figueroa St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Closing Date/Time: 11/23/2019 5:00 PM Pacific