PSYCHIATRIC SOCIAL WORKER II OR MENTAL HEALCH CLINICIAN II
DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
FILINGDATES: NOVEMBER 7, 2019 THROUGH NOVEMBER 15, 2019
THIS IS NOT A BULLETIN FOR A CIVIL SERVICE EXAMINATION
The Children's Systems of Care is seeking energetic and experienced clinicians for its new Continuum of Care Reform (CCR) Division. This position is for the IPC South team, and is located at 20101 Hamilton Ave Suite 152 Torrance, CA 90503. The position will include functions related to the INTERAGENCY PLACEMENT COMMITTEE (IPC).
Essential Job Functions
- Review clinical information, including mental health assessments, and facilitate the IPC meeting to determine if a child/youth meets criteria for placement in a Short Term Residential Therapeutic Program (STRTP) or Community Treatment Facility (CTF) or meets criteria for Intensive Services Foster Care (ISFC).
- Collaborate with placing agency in identifying the most appropriate mental services to meet the needs of identified youth, and provides mental health recommendations if youth do not meet criteria for level of care.
- Completes all required documentation in IBHIS in accordance with DMH documentation standards.
- Interfaces with public and provider agencies post IPC screening to answer questions about the IPC process and coordinates linkages.
- Assists with Presumptive Transfer and 1299 Referrals.
- Upon request attends Child and family Team meetings or any other necessary meetings in the service appropriate mental health recommendations.
- Performs any other duties as requested by the Unit Supervisor, Program Manager or District Chief.
Must be apermanentCounty of Los Angeles employee who has passed their initial probationary period and currently holding the payroll title of Psychiatric Social Worker II (PSW II)or Mental Health Clinician II (MHC II).
- Experience providing direct clinical services to children and families involved with either the Department of Children and Family Services or the Department of Probation
- Experience completing DMH documentation in a manner that is consistent with Medi-cal guidelines
- Experience documenting clinical data in the Integrated Behavioral Health Record System (IBHIS)
- Familiarity with the Katie A. Settlement Agreement and its related initiatives, including Shared Core Practice Model and Child and Family Teaming
- Ability to function as an integral part of a multidisciplinary team
- Flexibility and adaptability with regard to diverse work assignments
All interested candidates who currently hold a payroll title of PSW II or MHC II, please send your resume, last two Performance Evaluations and Master Time Cards for the last two years to:
Natasha Billups, LMFT,
The deadline for submitting documents is Friday, November 15, 2019 at 5 pm
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Closing Date/Time: 11/15/2019 5:00 PM Pacific