Program and Case Coordinator (500018)
CSUN strives to be a destination workplace, where everyone understands that they belong to a community that is vital in advancing student success and providing exemplary service to all stakeholders. We foster an environment of success, both for our students and our employees. We have a relentless passion for celebrating diversity, equity, and inclusion as well as being an employer of choice. You will also have the opportunity to realize your own personal goals and be recognized for the work you do, and enjoy the unique value the CSUN community can offer. If this sounds like you, you've come to the right place. Learn more: https://www.csun.edu/about-csun.
Under general supervision of the Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, the Program and Case Coordinator is responsible for conducting a full range of moderate to complex, specialized administrative assignments involving the use of sound judgment and discretion on a daily basis in support of the Director as well as Investigators/Managers of Compliance. The incumbent has access to confidential information and prepares, drafs, and processes data, reports, and correspondence relative to investigations.
• Conducts preliminary investigative work, including but not limited to assisting with case management; assessing reported concerns; conducting research; providing recommendations; reviewing, preparing and drafting investigation and governmental reports, referral letters, memoranda, notices, and related correspondence to all constituencies.
• Reviews and prepares for final delivery of investigation reports, notices of investigation outcome and similar notices, and other correspondence to university constituents and external parties.
• Coordinates all training, programming, and educational materials provided by the department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
*NOTE: To view the full position description including all of the required qualifications copy and paste this link into your browser: https://bit.ly/3eE3MeD
• Equivalent to graduation from an accredited four-year college or university.
• Equivalent to three years of full-time, progressively responsible professional/technical experience in administrative duties or job related field.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
• General knowledge of: principles or organization, administration and management; and state and federal employment laws, rules, regulations, and collective bargaining procedures, including various provision of collective bargaining agreements; budget and accounting principles and procedures.
• Knowledge of commonly used software products, such as: Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, Publisher, Powerpoint, Outlook, Access, OneNote, Lync, Adobe Suite: Acrobat, Photoshop, Illustrator, iSight case management system, Oracle Peoplesoft, Prezi etc. Knowledge of higher education environment and issues.
• Ability to: apply University and CSU policies and procedures in responding to inquiries and conducting research; plan and analyze techniques and procedures. Demonstrated ability and specialized skills to: analyze and find solutions to problems, communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing; utilize correct English grammar, spelling, and punctuation; possess thorough mastery of office methods, practices, and procedures; establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, faculty, and others; work independently and plan day-to-day activities.
• Ability to: quickly learn, interpret, and apply multiple complex rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and collective bargaining agreements; independently apply judgment and discretion; identify, research, analyze, reason logically and resolve problems. Work well under pressure and in constantly changing circumstances; and interact with personnel in a highly professional manner.
• Ability to work well with all levels of administration. Commitment and ability to thrive in a diverse community and promote/advance university-wide equity and inclusion efforts and to maintain confidentiality.
Pay, Benefits, & Work Schedule
• The university offers an excellent benefits package, including but not limited to; medical, dental, vision, retirement & savings, tuition waiver and more.
• Classification: 1176 / Confidential Admin Support
• The anticipated HIRING RANGE: $4233 -$4900, dependent upon qualifications and experience. The salary range for this classification is: $4233 -$9514 per month.
• HOURS: Full Time; 40 hours per week; Monday through Friday.
• REG: This is a Regular position with a two-year probationary period.
• Applications received through May 11, 2021, will be considered in the initial review and review of applications will continue until position is filled.
• This position is a sensitive position as designated by the CSU.
• A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
• The person holding this position may be considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
• Candidates should apply by completing the CSUN on-line application. To submit an application and for more detailed information on the application and hiring process, please visit this link: www.csun.edu/careers
Equal Employment Opportunity
CSUN is an Equal Opportunity Employer and prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, and disability. Our nondiscrimination policy is set forth in CSU Executive Order 1096. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting Recruitment Services at 818-677-2101.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled