Principal Systems Engineer
Premier System Integrators
Feel like your hard work and talent is going unnoticed in your current position? PREMIER is growing and looking to hire the best Principal Systems Engineer to join our talented team.
Why Work at PREMIER?
At PREMIER, you're not just another engineer added to our headcount. When you work at PREMIER you become part of the PREMIER family.
Our engineers are some of the most talented and engaged engineers in the industry. As a leader in providing industrial automation and integration services, we offer stimulating, challenging projects across various industries including, Food & Beverage, Dairy, Pulp & Paper and Specialty Chemicals. We work in small teams, build strong relationships with our colleagues and customers, and provide many opportunities for career development. For all these reasons and more, our Engineers have a strong sense of accomplishment and choose to call PREMIER home.
The Principal Systems Engineer position is a technical lead at PREMIER. They provide technical oversight and architecture decisions for assigned projects. The Principal Engineer acts as a resource for the sales team by providing technical direction and counsel, architecting solutions specific to OT networks and security and closing opportunities with customers. This role also provides expertise in developing and managing the technical direction of active projects and of the company.
Principal Systems Engineer Responsibilities
- Provide technical oversight for the hosting infrastructure, architecture and design of projects as assigned
- Develop and evaluate alternative system solutions that meet stated requirements
- Engages with project teams frequently, to ensure technical designs are executed appropriately
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in VMWare, Active Directory, network design and deployment
- Analyzes virtual hosting infrastructure for performance and security
- Resolves complex interoperability problems to obtain operations across all platforms
- Develops best practices for configuration and deployment of virtual infrastructure, network architectures and oversees the use of these practices
- Participates in planning, researching, evaluating, designing and developing plans for virtual hosting infrastructure and Windows server deployment in OT environments
- Assists in the development of vendor partnerships and relationships with professional organizations
- Interact with customers to gain an understanding of the OT environment; Defines scope, plans and deliverables for assigned work
- Able to manage and lead a small (1-3 member) team for project delivery as assigned
- Work successfully in a matrix structure; focused strongly on customer service and personal growth
- Regional travel 25%
Principal Systems Engineer Requirements:
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or Computer Science from an accredited college/university or equivalent experience
- 10+ years work experience in hosting infrastructure architecture/design configuration and deployment
- Advanced degree in Security or Information Systems
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, have excellent attention to detail and be willing and able to learn new technologies quickly
- Ability to lead through others and influence outside of direct reporting lines
- Proficient in supporting a Microsoft computing environment and working knowledge of a wide variety of Microsoft and Cisco solutions
- Proficient working with ESXI and designing/deploying SAN storage systems
- Experience successfully interacting and working with customers at multiple levels of responsibility in a manufacturing or production environment
- Willingness to work beyond core business hours, if necessary, to minimize business interruption during planned or unplanned system modifications
- Have solid verbal and written communication skills
- Successful completion of drug screen and background check is required
Nice To Have:
- Cisco CCNA/CCNP
- Networking experience including - EtherNet/IP, ProfiNet, ModBus/TCP.
- Experience with PaloAlto or Fortinet Firewalls
- Familiarity with implementing and managing
- NIST SP 800-82 Controls
- IEC62443 Controls
Must be authorized to work in the United States. PREMIER is not currently accepting work visas.
PREMIER System Integrators is an Equal Opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, sexuality, transgender status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting our HR department at 615-355-7202.