Pneumatic / Automation Specialist
Pneumatic/Automation Specialist Industrial Sales
The Hope Group, a division of STS Operating, Inc., and a leading supplier of automation motion control components and system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and dedicated Pneumatic-Automation Specialist to generate new sales opportunities while developing long term professional relationships with existing and new prospective customers.
The ideal candidate will possess a strong motion control background, experienced working with industrial OEM's and End User customers, selling pneumatic components and automation products/systems. He/she should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills, is comfortable working in the field with customers solving problems,creating solutions with the support of our manufacturers/application engineers based on customer need and acting as subject matter expert for pneumatic/automation product to the rest of the sales force.
Candidate will be responsible for sales throughout the state of Massachusetts utilizing existing customer base and opportunity for additional growth.
Primary functions of the position include but are not limited to:
- Plan and coordinate weekly sales calls with new / existing customers and target prospective customers using CRM software.
- Plan and execute proposals focusing on providing solutions for motion control needs.
- Work with management to develop a territory sales plan with actionable tasks and goals reviewed monthly.
- Utilize CRM software to manage sales territory and account base activity.
- Apply your knowledge as an expert to create and close sales opportunities with customers.
- Work closely with customer service representatives to insure exceptional customer experience and meet customer needs.
- Answers questions about products, prices, and quality, durability, and credit terms.
- Conduct product Luncheon/Learns at customer sites utilizing THG personal and/or factory representatives.
- Learn and utilize all available company resources including customer service representatives, inside sales, marketing, design/engineering, and management.
- Attend product and sales training, both local or at factory schools, and company meetings when required.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
- Work with vendor representatives and business affiliates in meetings, joint sales calls, and networking.
- Actively promote other company division's products and services by creating cross-leads in CRM software.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years technical field sales experience.
- Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineer / technical degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Training and/or education in pneumatic / electrical / mechanical systems including technical experience with motion control products/systems.
- Certified Fluid Power Specialist
- Experience and proven ability to identify/select/specify proper components to fit customers' needs and specifications.
- Strong desire to expand product and systems knowledge to become more valuable to the company and customers.
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, various technical sizing and drawing programs, e-mail, smart phones and CRM utilization.
- Self-motivated, driven, a team player, strong communication skills and attention to details are a must.
- Must have and maintain clean driving record and ability to successfully pass a background check.
Salary commensurate with experience. Commissions, Company Car, Company Phone, Company computer, and Outstanding Benefits Package.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer M/F/V/D
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
WE PARTICIPATE IN E-VERIFY PROGRAM