Payroll Associate – Department of Finance
About Our Job
The City and County of Denver utilizes a hybrid model workplace that balances the responsibilities of public service with the benefits of a flexible work environment. Employees work where needed,at a city site and/or in the field several days a week and telecommute remotely at a designated workplace within the State of Colorado the remaining days.
We encourage you to apply as soon as possible because this posting may close without advanced notice.
About the Department of Finance
The Department of Finance manages the city's investing, fiscal analysis, budgeting, debt and asset management, tax assessment and collection, and accounting functions as well as establishing, maintaining and enforcing fiscal policies, practices and procedures for the entire City and County of Denver. The Department commits to Denver residents the delivery of these services through a financial structure that mirrors the best practices of both the public and private sectors. This commitment promotes better service, enhanced performance measures, maximum accountability and improved business processes.
About the Payroll Division
The Payroll Division manages payroll for all city departments and agencies and provides tools for timekeeping, leave management, and activities allocation to allow for better allocation of resources and strategic planning.
Diversity in the City
The City and County of Denver is committed to cultivating a culture of equity, diversity, and inclusion. This commitment is woven into our values and belief that we are strongest when we embrace and celebrate our differences. We aim to have employees who are as diverse as our residents, with different perspectives and unique ways of thinking. If you share these values and our enthusiasm for equity, we encourage you to apply to join our team.
The Department of Finance Payroll Division is looking for a Payroll Associate to perform Citywide payroll and leave duties. This individual will work closely with the Office of Human Resources to process leave cases with our Time and Attendance system in accordance with FMLA rules and regulations. We are looking for someone who is good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information. In addition, this individual must have great communication skills to interact with colleagues across the city.
As a Payroll Associate, you will:
- Partner with Human Resources on Family Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, Leave of Absence and Military Leave and process in accordance with internal payroll rules and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Need to have knowledge and experience of FMLA process from start to finish. Will review FMLA documents and follow detailed instructions when processing leave cases in time and attendance system.
- Assist with creating and planning leave calendars for extended leave of absence.
- Assist Lead Payroll associate by reporting detailing labor-related data (i.e. time off and overtime use). In addition, assist with time used reports for Family Medical Leave, Workers Compensation, IAP to Leave of Absence.
- Utilize Salesforce to process leave cases and review incoming case information.
- Prepare, process, and audit employee time reports (both time sheets and e-time data) in accordance with internal payroll rules and federal, state, and local regulations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve payroll problems, which may include analyzing problems with time and attendance data and making corrections.
- Research variances in the application of payroll policies and procedures and corrects any errors and/or oversights.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or requested.
We are looking for someone with some or all the following skills and experience:
- Experience with processing FMLA Leave cases.
- Experience with processing ADA (Americans with Disabilities) Leave cases.
- Familiarity with FMLA Federal Rules.
- Experience processing Military Leave and Pay.
- Experience processing Workers Compensation.
- Experience processing Leave of Absences.
- Experience with Standard Insurance and processing high volume requests.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of clerical/technical experience performing a variety of payroll processing activities.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
- License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
About Everything Else
CV2367 Payroll Associate
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$22.16 - $33.24
$22.16 - $27.70/hour, based on education and experience
Department of Finance
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.