About Our Job
The Denver Public Library is looking for a lead custodian to perform lead work for our custodial team. This position will perform and supervise routine manual work involving janitorial and landscaping duties at library buildings. This position supports our values by creating a welcoming environment for all and building connections with both customers and coworkers. We strive to provide a library environment that is clean, safe and ready for customer and staff use.
Our ideal candidate will thrive on variety. This position will work at multiple branch locations on a range on projects, depending on the needs of the day. Here are some of our ideal qualities in a candidate:
- Knowledge of cleaning materials and equipment.
- Ability to perform routine and repetitive manual tasks for extended periods. Ability to perform moderately heavy manual tasks requiring the full range of body movements.
- Ability to train, motivate and supervise custodial staff.
- Ability to create and maintain positive staff relationships.
- Ability to follow simple written or oral instructions.
- Ability to work in an environment with people from all backgrounds and age groups.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize.
- Ability to use basic workplace technology including email and internet.
- Ability to pass a physical examination and a background check after the offer to hire has been made.
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- One year experience as a custodian.
- A driver's license, with a clean driving record.
- A combination of appropriate education and experience may be substituted for the minimum education and experience requirements.
About Everything Else
LJ1946 Custodian Lead
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$14.18 - $20.70
$14.18 - $16.00 per hour
Denver Public Library
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.