Land Development Manager
Oversee the field operations for assigned projects of the land development department. Create opportunities that fit company's land development strategies and understanding of current market trends in land development and homebuilding. Oversee various contractor/ consulting/municipal
contracts which provide for, and relate to, the acquisition, approval and development of residential properties.
- Responsible for Bond maintenance.
- Oversee projects from permit approvals through construction and final certification and community turnover.
- Responsible for the successful delivery of new projects through use of construction schedules, contract documents, land development budgets, environmental studies, Geotechnical reports,
- Engineering and Architectural construction plans and permit compliance reports.
- Ensure timely and accurate design and installation of all land development improvements including but not limited to grading operations, water and sewer services, dry utilities, paving and sidewalks, landscapes and landscape improvements to include, but not limited to entrance and amenity features.
- Development/entitlement budgeting
- Responsible for NPDES and SWPPP management and compliance on developments and third party lot deals
- Provides leadership to managers to ensure coordination of project(s) between field and administrative personnel
- Ensure that contractual and other commitments are kept with contractors/consultants and trade partners and that they comply with all approved policies, procedures, ethical standards, applicable laws and regulations
- Establish relationships with developers, contractors, consultants and approving governing authorities
- Responsible for site improvement bidding and bid selection leading to site improvement contract negotiations
- Responsible for value engineering during the design process to reduce improvement costs without sacrificing quality
- Manage entitlement process
- Work with construction to ensure lots are delivered correctly to specifications (lots delivered should be as they are the client of development department)
- Critically review engineering plans
- Oversee and coordinator planning, permit and construction process and effectively forecast long-term scheduled and budgets for assigned developments
- Plan, schedule budget and contract for above plus common elements such as entrance features, global landscape programs, maintenance contracts and community wide utility plans
- Overall material management planning and effective field operations
- Negotiate utility extension agreements
- Resolve issues with agencies having jurisdiction over project and region Human Resources
- Cash flow generation and maintenance
- Ensure clear line of communication on projects of deliveries
- Ensure efficient and seamless operations between LDM & Builder areas of responsibility
- High School or equivalent required
- Bachelor degree in, engineering, construction management, business administration or similar program required
- Minimum 10 years of experience in land development and construction/engineering
- Minimum of 3 years with a national homebuilding company experience
- Minimum of 3 years of HOA management and HOA board member experience
- Computer literacy, including word-processing, spreadsheet analysis, and project scheduling
- Ability to read and understand engineering and architectural plans at a high level of proficiency
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, both verbally and in writing
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations
- Valid Driver's License and good driving record
- Valid auto insurance coverage required
- Must exercise initiative and achieve objectives with minimal supervision.
- Must be detail-oriented and a problem-solver able to deal with complex situations.