DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
9320 Telstar Avenue
El Monte, CA 91731
This position is eligible for a 9/80 work schedule. Onsite employee-paid Montessori childcare center available. County Wellness Program activities (e.g., Zumba classes) offered onsite. Public transportation services are also very convenient.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with the overall functionality of the Front Lobby.
- Assist with Incoming United States (U.S.) Certified and Federal Express (FedEx) mail for the three departments housed in the building.
- Monitors the service of refrigerators under contract.
- Attends to building, equipment, and telephone requests submitted via email from internal and external staff.
Must currently be a permanent Los Angeles County employee who holds the payroll item ofIntermediate-Clerk.
- Ability to work independently and perform multiple tasks, with minimum instruction in a fast-paced - oriented environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work well with internal and external staff and clients.
- Strong organization, analytical, and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong knowledge of computer software applications including Excel, Word, Outlook, Internet, and electronic document management.
- A valid California Class C Driver License** is required to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Physical Class II - Light: Light physical effort which may include occasional light lifting to a 10 pound limit, and some bending, stooping or squatting. Considerable walking may be involved.
***DO NOT APPLY ONLINE***
All interested employees who currently hold the payroll title of Intermediate Clerk are invited to submit a cover letter, their resume, copies of their last two (2) performance evaluations, copies of their attendance record for the last 24 months, and any additional information the candidate wishes be taken into consideration. All materials submitted will be evaluated. Only the most qualified employees will be contacted for an interview.
Interested candidates should submit documents via US mail or email to:
Children's Medical Services
9320 Telstar Ave., El Monte, CA 91731