TRANSFER OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCEMENT
*THIS VACANCY IS NOT PROMOTIONAL OR OPEN COMPETITIVE*
The LAC+USC Medical Center is seeking well-qualified individuals to fill the position of Intermediate Clerk within the Department of Radiology - Outpatient Scheduling Center (ROSC). This is a full-time, permanent position whichwill report to the Supervising Radiologic Technologist.
Essential Job Functions
- Schedule appointments and assign patients to the proper departments such as: computed tomography (CT), magnetic resonance imaging (MRI), ultrasound US), x-ray, and special procedure exams.
- Answers calls from patients requesting assistance with rescheduling, confirming or canceling appointments.
- Effectively communicates with physicians, nurses, and co-workers to expedite patient care and relaying of critical results when necessary.
- Ensure that required forms and/or requests for radiology exams are approved, financially cleared, or canceled prior to scheduling patients.
- Assists physicians, nurses, and patients with providing needed written instructions for radiology exams.
- Monitor area for safety and cleanliness. Assures a safe and sanitary environment for patients and personnel.
- Coordinate the flow of outpatients and inpatients to avoid delays in radiology exams.
- Performs assignments in an independent and effective manner.
- Adheres to established policies and procedures.
This position is open to all County of Los Angles employees who currently hold the payroll title ofIntermediate Clerkand have successfully passed their probation.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE FILED ONLINE ONLY:
Those interested in this transfer opportunity must submit an online application, cover letter with employee number, resume detailing relevant experience, copies of their last two performance evaluations and a time history report for the last 24 months.
All documents submitted will be evaluated. Applications submitted without the required documents will not be forwarded to the hiring manager . Only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview. Employment is contingent upon passing a background check and review of the personnel file.
If you are unable to attach the required documents along with your application, you may fax or email your information to:
DHS - HR Division - Recruitment and Examinations
Phone: (323) 914-7524
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS :
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Computer literate in Microsoft Word, Excel, ORCHID/Cerner
- Experience with scheduling appointments in ORCHID/Cerner or able to learn
- Ability to work with all levels of staff and the public