Foster Care Operations Assistant – Denver Human Services
About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until October 22nd. Please apply as soon as possible.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides support to one in three Denver residents. We envision a healthy community where people are connected, supported, safe, and well. Our services include food, cash and medical benefits, child support and veteran services, child welfare and adult protection, work opportunities, and more. If you are committed to supporting the health and strength of the community and want to be a part of an engaged workplace, we'd love to work with you!
About Protection & Prevention
Denver Human Services works to protect Denver's children, youth, adults, and elders by providing services and advocacy while promoting family stability, respecting diversity, and working to create and strengthen connections to community resources.
We work to prevent abuse by providing education, resources, and support to parents, families, and community organizations.
Denver Human Services is seeking an Operations Assistant to support Child Welfare Services on the Placement Services Foster Care Recruitment and Training Team. In this role, you will be expected to:
- Conduct case management of foster care and kinship care certification cases (15-25 cases assigned at a time)
- Provide excellent customer service to all foster care and kinship care providers throughout the certification process
- Collect, track, and record all certification documents for each certification case
- Manage case records in TRAILS and Provider Portal databases
- Attend Certification Review Team meetings for all certification cases assigned on workload
- Become an expert in Volume VII regulations related to foster care and kinship care certification
- Collect and enter data with precise attention to detail
- Perform other duties as assigned
This position requires an online assessment or test. Once you complete your application, if you meet the qualification for the position you will receive an email from AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org with a link to the assessment or test. We recommend that you add AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org to your safe sender list. If you do not receive the email within 30 minutes of applying, please contact AssessmentTeam@denvergov.org.
To be successful in this role, you should possess the following qualities:
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Well-organized, task-oriented, and detail-oriented
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to work under tight timelines
- Bi-lingual Spanish/English preferred
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of clerical experience at the type and level of an Administrative Support Assistant IV.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for two years of the minimum experience requirement. which doesn't allow for substitution for 1 of the 3 years.
- License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application.
About Everything Else
CA0653 Operations Assistant
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$19.25 - $28.11
Based on education and experience
Denver Human Services
Microsoft Office 2010 Fundamentals
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.