Document Management Technician I – Denver Human Services
About Our Job
This posting will accept applications until October 25, 2020. Please apply as soon as possible.
NOTE: We have multiple positions available:
Limited: Position with an end date of 12/31/2020. However, this position could possibly end sooner due to project completion or workload shifts.
Unlimited: Permanent full-time position.
On Call: Part time position / based on business needs.
About Denver Human Services
Denver Human Services provides support to one in three Denver residents. We envision a healthy community where people are connected, supported, safe, and well. Our services include food, cash and medical benefits, child support and veteran services, child welfare and adult protection, work opportunities, and more. If you are committed to supporting the health and strength of the community and want to be a part of an engaged workplace, we'd love to work with you!
The Performance Improvement and Accountability Division (PIAD) of Denver Human Services is seeking out a flexible, adaptable, and detail-oriented individual to serve as a Document Management Technician. In this role, you will be working on our scanning operations, flow cell, mail room and main file room teams. In the main file room, the selected candidate will be responsible for maintaining and updated files and will be working regularly with the Work Management System (WMS), the Colorado Benefits Management System (CBMS), and master case files.
The scanning operations and the Flow Cell teams within PIAD improve the delivery of documents to the Eligibility Technicians within the Family and Adult Assistance Division (FAAD) who determine eligibility for public assistance programs (Food Assistance, Financial, Medicaid, and TANF). Duties for this role include file (electronic) preparation, maintenance, storage, retrieval, tracking, corrections, retention scheduling, and destruction.
Additionally, the Document Management Technician:
- Reviews and evaluates applications and/or documents (both paper and electronic) submitted by clients for public assistance programs to verify completeness and acceptability;
- Researches databases to determine and identify key information and data elements related to submitted applications and documents;
- Prepares and organizes paper applications and/or documents and then performs all aspects of scanning including: using and manipulating imaging equipment and software and ensuring that scanned images meet quality standards;
- Delivers and picks up mail at various locations;
- Uses public assistance program knowledge and information obtained through database research to input critical data, categorize and route associated applications and/or documents as well as create workflow tasks within systems;
- Performs quality assurance by examining and checking the accuracy of work done by team members and communicating and resolving errors identified;
- Reviews, recommends and implements modifications to procedures and workflow as necessary to ensure efficient and effective document management;
- Tracks and communicates issues that occur while performing document management operations;
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Prior scanning experience
- Proficient time management skills
- Superior teamwork and customer service skills
- The ability to work individually and in teams effectively
- Flexibility to work different shifts in various operations
- The willingness to learn and fully understand all documents and processes necessary to successful in this role
- A stable, solid work history
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you do not have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Graduation from high school or the possession of a GED, HiSET or TASC Certificate.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of experience performing office support/clerical work.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
About Everything Else
CC3143 Document Management Technician I
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here.
Position Salary Range
$18.99 - $27.73
Based on education and experience
Denver Human Services
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.