Director, Financial Services (Controller)
Job ID: 2022-2194
# of Openings: 1
Category: Finance & Accounting
About The Role:
** ARC requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
We will consider medical and religious accommodations as required by law **
ARC is hiring a Director, Financial Services to direct ARC's accounting functions including general accounting, financial reporting, and payroll. In this role, you will ensure an accurate and timely monthly financial close and reporting process; this includes the General Ledger, Revenue Recognition, A/R, A/P, Fixed Assets, Cash and Consolidations. You will manage and/or prepare financial statements and financial reports, providing insightful analysis of financial data and experience-based recommendations to ARC leadership. Additionally, you will establish and maintain accounting principles, practices, procedures, and initiatives.
What You'll Get to Do:
- Provide overall leadership of full accounting operations including, but not limited to revenue, expenses/payables, payroll, reporting, analysis, and audits.
- Work in concert with business process owners that interface with accounting to provide education and training on "best practices" with the goal to improve accounting, financial reporting and payroll processes and recommend changes that add value.
- Develop, revise, and maintain finance policies, procedures, internal controls, accounting standards, and procedures to ensure compliance with GAAP.
- Calculate, file and remit all transactional tax obligations and works with the VP of Finance and Tax experts in managing federal planning and all tax compliance issues.
- Provide leadership in the evaluation and mitigation of risk related to finance and financial services.
- Work in partnership with the director of FP&A for all forecast and budgeting processes.
- Actively lead, motivate, develop, and provide support to team members to meet and exceed established goals and timelines. Provide thorough and timely performance evaluations.
- Prepare annual financial statements and manage external audit support.
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience
- Minimum of 5 years in a financial management role, 5+ years of experience in managing people
- Strong understanding of U.S. GAAP
- Strong Leadership, Management, planning, and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate and interact with various levels and departments
- Advanced level skill with Microsoft Office in preparing and making presentations to various levels of management and stakeholders
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work autonomously
- Data and Technology savvy: able to evaluate new ways to leverage technology to improve processes, and to leverage and model data to inform decision making.
- Experience using Great Plains and other ancillary accounting tools (ex: Adaptive Planning by Workday, Concur, Salesforce, etc.) is a plus
- Ability to work a flexible schedule; may require extended hours during close weeks and during quarter-ends and yearend.
What We Can Offer You:
- Joining ARC means joining a team that is motivated, diverse, creative, collaborative and solutions-oriented. We think big, embrace challenges, and explore new ideas to lead the way for the travel industry.
- Our employees value the hands-on learning and professional development opportunities that allow them to expand their skills and grow their career in new, dynamic ways.
- ARC offers WorkFlex. WorkFlex is ARC's new work model, allowing employees in eligible roles to work virtually without set days in the office. ARC employees can work from the office, at home or any combination of the two. There will be times when it is important to gather in-person and WorkFlex employees will be expected to come into the office or another location, when needed.
- We offer a highly competitive, comprehensive benefits package so you can worry less and focus on what truly matters.
- By joining ARC, you will partner with top minds in the industry as we use data and technology to innovate how the world travels.
EOE M/F/D/V Females and Minorities Encouraged to Apply