The Designer II is responsible for completion of the architectural building information model (BIM) to produce the required permitting and construction documents on large and complex projects. This role may be responsible for specific technical design aspects of an assigned projects, including investigation, evaluation, and recommendation of design solutions. The Designer II independently makes decisions on significant architectural design problems and methods.
- Modeling & Construction Document Preparation: Works collaboratively with the Project Designer or Project Architect on specific projects to prepare plans, schedules, and details and confirms adherence to documentation standards, guidelines, and codes.
- Project Management: Ensures work is consistent with the BIM Implementation Plan, Project Charter and Project Schedules and communicates schedule updates to the Project Architect and Design Project Manager.
Education: Associate's Degree in Architecture; Accredited degree preferred
Certifications and/or Licenses: Licensed architect preferred
Relevant Experience & Training:
- 3-8 years of relevant work experience in all phases of architectural construction document production, detailing and coordination, or any combination of education and experience.
- Previous experience with healthcare or senior living facilities preferred.
- Knowledge of building accessibility and life safety codes, and medical equipment relating to space, function and design requirements.
- Basic understanding of civil, structural, mechanical and electrical engineering.
- Ability to anticipate and recommend solutions to architectural construction document schedule problems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Revit.
Infrequent national travel required.