Data Center Cabling Technician I
Join our growing Infrastructure Team! Compu Dynamics has an immediate opening for a Data Center Cabling Technician I in Northern Virginia.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Assists with installing and terminating several types of copper, fiber and media cabling while adhering to best installation practices
2. Assists in testing and troubleshooting cabling using standard testing hardware
3. Assists with lacing structured cabling
4. Basic understanding of equipment installation practices and the effects of mounting choices/locations and cable dress in a dense operating environment.
5. Operates hand tools, power tools, and telecommunications test equipment
6. Responsible for maintaining an elevated level of professionalism with clients, vendors and colleagues; works to establish a positive working relationship
7. Provides timely and completed documentation of work performed
8. Drives company/personal vehicle throughout service area while following all local laws
9. Operates vehicles and other equipment safely; adheres to safety protocols; reports hazards and risks; behavior contributes to a safe and secure working environment
Corresponding military codes: 2651, 2792
Compu Dynamics offers a comprehensive benefits package to include: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with dollar for dollar company match up to 4%, various voluntary benefits, Employer paid life insurance, 7 Holidays, paid Parental Leave, Volunteer Time Off, up to 4 weeks PTO after 60 days and you get your birthday off!
Compu Dynamics, LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed, and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.
All employment offers are contingent upon successful completion of our pre-employment drug screening, background/criminal check, and motor vehicle check.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Associates degree in an IT related field or equivalent of education and experience
2. 1-3 years' experience
3. Valid driver's license in good standing
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Experience in a large-scale network operations/data center environment
2. Experience working in virtualized enterprise networking environments
3. OSHA10 preferred but not required at this time
4. BICSI Certification
5. BICSI RCDD
6. ITIL V3 Foundations