Contract Administrator – Denver Police Department
About Our Job
The Department of Public Safety (DOS) unifies all the agencies tasked with ensuring Denver is the safest and most welcoming city in the nation. Denver's Public Safety Department includes Denver Police, Denver Fire, Denver 911, Denver Sheriff, Community Corrections, Public Safety Youth Programs and the Gang Reduction Initiative of Denver. DOS also oversees the Public Safety Cadet Program.
The Contracts Administrator will perform professional work developing, implementing, and monitoring contractual and use agreements for the Department of Public Safety and the City to ensure effective procurement and delivery of goods and services.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develops, documents, and establishes policy for all necessary contractual parameters, including types of vendors and services, space allocation, construction requirements, and tenant guideline; develops requests for information or proposals, inter-governmental agreements, and/or revenue agreements.
- Reviews proposals and financial information submitted; and develops and oversees evaluation parameters.
- Assists with generation of scope of work and request for proposal documents and negotiating the final terms of contracts, which includes developing expenditure agreements, and manages contracts of specific vendors, services, or construction projects.
- Prepares resolution and/or ordinance request documents for presentation to City Council.
- Provides technical guidance to staff and contractors, recommends, and coordinates the implementation of policies and procedures for assigned functions, and assists in developing new policies and procedures.
- Department liaison to the City Attorney's Office for contractual matters.
- Maintains a tracking system of contract files throughout the term of the contract, archives all resource documents, and completes reports for management on contractor performance.
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Government contract management experience
- Experience with Workday and Jaggaer software systems
- Advanced time and project management skillset
We realize your time is valuable so please do not apply if you donot have at least the following required minimum qualifications:
- Education requirement: Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Political Science, Management, or a related field.
- Experience Requirement: Three (3) years of professional experience performing contract negotiation, contract administration, or conducting research and analysis in an area such as budget, compliance issues, or accounting.
- Education/Experience Equivalency: One (1) year of the appropriate type and level of experience may be substituted for each required year of post-high school education.
- Additional appropriate education may be substituted for the minimum experience requirements.
License/Certifications: By position, requires a valid Driver's License at the time of application. L icenses and certifications must be kept current as a condition
About Everything Else
CA0751 Contract Administrator
To view the full job profile including position specifications, physical demands, and probationary period, click here .
Position Salary Range
$63,801.00 - $105,272.00
Based on education and experience
Department of Safety
The City and County of Denver provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, or any other status protected under federal, state, and/or local law.
For information about right to work, click here for English or here for Spanish.