Communications Specialist, Fulbright (Hybrid)
Institute of International Education
IIE is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer of Females/Minorities/Veterans/ Individuals with Disabilities.
Schedule: Full Time
Education: Bachelor's Degree
Location: New York NY - New York, NY 10007 US (Primary)
The Institute of International Education seeks a Communications Specialist to support Fulbright's digital and print marketing and external communications initiatives. This role will report to the Assistant Director for Fulbright Communications and will work closely with the Fulbright Social Media officer.
The Communications Specialist, Fulbright will produce and manage content for websites, newsletters, blogs, social media and email campaigns, and coordinate branding assets, videos and photography.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable working both independently and collaboratively within a small, close-knit team, and thrive in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment. The successful candidate must be able to communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders and sponsors.
- Collaborate with Assistant Director Fulbright Communications to develop marketing and communications plans and digital content to promote Fulbright programs, engage and promote alumni and participants, develop information resources, and expand brand awareness.
- Plan and execute marketing, media, and social media strategies to support special initiatives and events, including pre-event social media toolkits.
- Maintain editorial calendar for Fulbright for web, email and social media, working closely with Assistant Director and providing editorial guidance to Social Media Officer.
- Conduct research, gather and report information on Fulbrighter activities to demonstrate program impact.
- Curate, produce, and edit content (news, events and features) for Fulbright website social media, newsletters, and email marketing efforts, including photography and videos.
- Track, monitor and support production and updates to collateral materials and information which are used for in-person and virtual booths and events.
- Ensure correct brand usage in creation of all materials. Manage logo and branding assets in Digital Asset Management system and provide to stakeholders as needed.
- Manage video projects with outside vendors, select and edit content from Zoom presentations and other video footage, prepare and edit videos for posting to YouTube, curate and promote content on YouTube.
- Coordinate with manager of Digital Asset Management system to organize and use Fulbright assets
- Produce graphics, marketing collateral, exhibit booth signage and flyers using Canva and other design platforms such as Illustrator or In-Design.
- Helps monitor and evaluate social media channels for applicable program(s) for unforeseen events that influence communication with advisers and HEI stakeholders.
- Oversee Social Media Officer in producing analytics reports in social media system Monitor, leveraging key engagement metrics across platforms to optimize content and messaging.
- Interact with external stakeholders, including vendors, consultants and contractors. Establish vendor contracts, manage invoices and payments.
- Interact with various stakeholders in the Fulbright community, including alumni and various contacts in the higher education community, to professionally represent the program(s) and IIE.
- Provide some administrative support to the team, including tracking vendor contracts and invoices, updating databases and spreadsheets, and other activities as needed for our communications projects.
The Institute of International Education ("IIE") has a hybrid work environment that allows team members a combination of in-office work and telework at any of the location(s) listed above.
Education and Work Experience:
- Requires a Bachelor degree and at least 5 years of relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Applicants are required to include a PDF portfolio or web link showcasing their communications work to be considered for this role.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Experience in a professional writing environment and in producing content for websites, newsletters, and other high impact communications
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with strong attention to detail and proofreading skills; proven results in implementing marketing and communications plans
- Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously while managing competing deadlines and priorities
- Prior experience with successfully managing social media and paid and earned media campaigns and experience editing and maintaining dynamic website content.
- Proficiency with design applications such as Canva, Illustrator and/or InDesign, and photo and video editing tools required. Familiarity with CMS platforms and basic HTML.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications, a newsletter publishing platform, and a social media content management system is highly desired.
- Experience living, working or studying internationally and/or experience with international travel and/or working with international communities is highly desired.
Salary Range: $69,630 - $80,945. A candidate's salary is determined by various factors including, but not limited to, relevant work experience, job-related knowledge, skills, abilities, internal organizational equity, and geographic region.
IIE offers a robust suite of benefits to team members including medical, dental, and vision plans, paid time off and holidays, student loan and tuition reimbursement programs, professional development reimbursement program, retirement plans and a family medical leave benefits. Please visit our careers (link in HR smart: https://www.iie.org/Learn/Careers/Benefits) page for further details.
To help promote and ensure the safety of our employees and those we work with, we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Employees that have a qualifying medical condition that contraindicates a COVID-19 vaccination, or who object to being vaccinated based on a sincerely held religious belief, may request a reasonable accommodation. State and local guidelines apply.
Work Conditions & Physical Demands:
Essential functions are performed in a general office setting with low noise. Job demands may require long periods of sitting; telephone work and/or computer work, as well as interactions with other team members and external stakeholders. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
IIE is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Travel: Less than 10%