Case Manager Urgent Care
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
POSITION SHIFT: Days
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
Department: APG Intercompany
Hours Per Week 37.5
Holidays Required? Yes
Weekends Required? No
The Care Manager Behavioral Health is responsible for the coordination of care of individuals seen Urgent Care for behavioral health needs. This includes facilitation of patient care when on site at the facility, screening, referrals, and coordination of follow-up behavioral health care. The Care Manager is responsible for integrating services within the Urgent Care and working collaboratively with the Urgent Care team as needed or indicated.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Provides prompt and accurate triage of incoming calls and initiates screening documentation
* Provides competent risk assessment as appropriate
* Provides screening for substance use or other behavioral health related problems
* Provides competent crisis intervention as appropriate
* Work collaboratively with provider around patient care
* Completes appropriate documentation in a timely and accurate manner according to Urgent Care/ABH standards
* Referrals are made to appropriate services with appropriately credentialed providers.
* Demonstrates knowledge of community resources
* Accurately report information to team member and participates with team members, patients, and families in completing documentation within established time frames
* As appropriate to scope of practice, assists in the data collection for each assigned client.
* Proficient in the knowledge and skills described in the core competency curriculum for each assigned age/disability group
* Maintains service orientation to internal and external customers
* Attends 80% of all scheduled staff meetings
* Assures timely completion and filing of documentation and forwarding of documentation to appropriate sources
* Assists clients in scheduling external appointments as appropriate based on need
Education: Bachelor's degree in a behavioral health related field
Licensure: Valid NJ Driver's License required. CPI required BLS required.
Experience: One year experience working within behavioral health field
Training/Experience: Master's degree in behavioral health field. Experience in Substance Use. Strong knowledge of Community Resources. Practical Experience in Crisis Intervention.
Equipment Use: Computer, facsimile, shredder, copier
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position.