Case Manager Social Services
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Atlantic City, NJ
POSITION SHIFT: Days
POSITION STATUS: Full-Time
Department: ACHS-Teen Center
Hours Per Week 37.5
Holidays Required? No
Location: Atlantic City
Weekends Required? No
Reports To: Unit Director
Trainings: Annual, QPR, HSFAC (Heart Saver, First Aid/CPR, AED), CPI
Career Development: Case manager ? MHA ? Program Manager Therapist
The Case manager assists in data collection, participates in developing a Service Plan for each client and assists in the coordination of services for clients and their families.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assists in the completion of screening form
• Assist in development and facilitation of summer program
• Plan trips and recreational activities and supervise Student Center daily.
• Maintains patient files according to department procedure/policy protocol
• Verifies and enters all information into the computer accurately
• Performs office support duties, i.e. filing, typing, copying, mail distribution resulting in efficient operations
• Accurately takes telephone messages and repeats key information to verify accuracy
• Monitors SBYSP offices to ensure comfort and convenience of clients and families
• Maintains confidentiality as related to patients, staff members, and departmental operations
• Promptly acknowledges and graciously receives patients, clients, and visitors
• Completes daily tasks within the assigned shift
• Consistently coordinates work to achieve maximum productivity and efficiency within the context of a team.
• Consistently performs duties with little or no supervision.
• Demonstrates appropriate initiative to meet the requests of all internal and external customers.
• Handles all situations efficiently, tactfully and confidentially.
• Willingly accepts and accurately completes other duties as assigned to assist with business unit functions.
• Demonstrates flexibility and teamwork by willing accepting any and all scheduled shifts.
• Accurately reports information to team members and participates with team members and clients/families in the completion of a Service Plan within established time frames.
• Demonstrates knowledge of crisis intervention and behavior management of aggressive behavior.
• Assists in the implementation of psycho educational programs.
• Demonstrates knowledge of community resources.
• Accurately documents all client interaction within established time frames.
• Writes in a professional and competent manner.
• Maintains a valid NJ driver's license.
• Practices safe and courteous driving habits.
• Provides services to clients/families in their native language or is able to procure the services of a translator.
• Demonstrates a willingness to serve on professional committees, attend staff meetings, attend in-services, etc.
• Seeks supervision in a professional manner and documents supervision.
• Develops an adequate professional relationship with all referral sources and relevant community agencies.
• Adequately responds to the needs of clients, families and referral sources.
• Provides core services to clients as assigned
• Contribute to unit LOS
• Assist in maintenance of petty cash, receipts, and submission of check requests (as needed)
• As appropriate to scope of practice, assists in the data collection for each assigned client, including the following:
The relationship of each clients physical status to dependence.
The nature of the comparison to use alcohol and/or other drugs.
The intensity of the clients mental preoccupation with using alcohol and/or drugs.
Education:. Bachelor's Degree in behavioral health or related field.
One year experience or appropriate internship, or 5 years experience and currently tracking for Bachelor's Degree
New Jersey Valid Drivers License
Blood borne pathogen training required.
CPI & HSFAC training required within 3 months from date of hire or transfer
Equipment Use: Computer, copier, facsimile, motor vehicle
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the position