Cal Fresh Coordinator (SSP IA) (63110)
Student Health & Wellness Services (SHWS) is one component of the Student Health and Wellbeing Cluster within the Division of Student Affairs. This cluster stresses the University's commitment to preventative and holistic approaches to wellbeing in support of students and the institution's mission and strategic plan. In addition to Student Health & Wellness Services, this cluster includes Counseling and Psychological Services (CAPS) and the Disability Resource Center. The mission of Student Health and Wellness Services is to promote students' healthy lifestyles and academic success by providing quality medical, psychological, and wellness services. The department provides ambulatory health care, health education programs, prevention and healing services to students of Cal Poly Pomona.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Outreach & Awareness
Assists the Basic Needs Coordinator in:
• Promoting a community of care by assisting with campus-wide outreach to specialized populations and assist potentially eligible students with the CalFresh application, ensure completion, and submit complete applications
• Represent the Basic Needs and CalFresh programs by making presentations and participating in workshops either through virtual and/or in person means
• Assisting in the development and maintenance of the website, links, brochures, and communications related to the Broncos Care Program
• Aides in developing and fosters relationships with Cal Fresh and other support service providers.
• Assists the coordinator with responds to student referrals from administrators, faculty, staff, and other members of the campus community and provides feedback/follow up to referring parties where appropriate and on a need to know basis.
• Supports the coordinator with assessed student needs based on presenting concerns from the campus community or the students themselves; formulates an appropriate course of action that addresses, minimizes or otherwise resolves the presenting concern.
Assessment & Evaluation
Assists the Basic Needs Coordinator in:
• Works with the coordinator in creating an overall marketing strategy that achieves program expansion and track data to measure expansion.
• Assists in collection of assessment data; preparing reports and presentation on the Cal Fresh program expansion
• Helps in preparation of weekly, monthly, and annual reports of services provided and students served
• Assists in assessing outcomes and develop strategies for improved services, programs, and communication
CalFresh Outreach Ambassadors
Assists the Basic Needs Coordinator with:
• Assist Basic Needs Coordinator by providing guidance to the CalFresh Outreach Ambassadors through regular meetings and projects.
• Make hiring and staffing level recommendations for the group of Ambassadors.
• Assist CalFresh Outreach Team to plan and coordinate regular and one-time events on- campus such as CalFresh Outreach Day
Equivalent to graduation from a four-year college or university in one of the behavioral sciences, public or business administration or a job related field. Specialized experience during which the applicant has acquired and successfully applied the knowledge and abilities shown above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
Working knowledge of the basic principles of individual and group behavior; research and observation techniques for the purpose of recording, classifying, and interpreting factual information; and the techniques and methods of interviewing. Ability to gather and analyze data; reason logically, draw valid conclusions and make appropriate recommendations; participate in and contribute to group meetings, conferences and interviews; clearly express ideas and recommendations orally; write clear and concise reports; and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and faculty.
Thorough knowledge of the principles of individual and group behavior; general knowledge of individual counseling techniques; general knowledge, or the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge, of the organizational procedures and activities of the specific campus to which the position is assigned.
Strong knowledge, skill, and experience with mentoring and coaching. Incumbents perform in-depth analysis of individual student situations of considerable complexity.
Incumbents must adjust approaches and techniques in the face of unpredictable responses and rapidly changing circumstances.
Experience working with housing and food insecure student populations or general populations. Knowledgeable of food and housing resources in the community such as Coordinated Entry Systems for Housing, CalFresh, CalWORKs, Medical, WIC, local food pantries and shelter
A background check must satisfactorily be completed before a candidate can be offered this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for this position. The background check consists of the following: Employment verification, education verification, reference checks, and checks of the following systems and databases: National Social Security Number/Address Locator, Felony/Misdemeanor, National Criminal Database, Federal Criminal, Department of Motor Vehicles, and National Sex Offender Registry.
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION/EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
Cal Poly Pomona is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer. The university subscribes to all state and federal regulations and prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, disability, genetic information, medical condition, and covered veteran status.
Cal Poly Pomona hires only individuals lawfully authorized to work in the United States. In compliance with state and federal crime awareness and campus security legislation, including The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Crime Statistics Act, California Education Code section 67380, and the Higher Education Opportunity Act (HEOA), the Cal Poly Pomona Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available at: https://www.cpp.edu/campus-safety-plan.shtml
Cal Poly Pomona is a smoke and tobacco-free campus. Please refer to the link below for policy information.
CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT:
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment. http://www.calstate.edu/eo/EO-1083.html
Closing Date/Time: May 13, 2021